Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I *heart* Zombies.


Okay so for those of you that don't know, I have a minor obsession with zombies: fiction, television, movies, shoes, tattoos...you get the picture. This past week I was down with a nasty virus and my wonderful, beloved husband allowed me to rest as much as I could. Now I don't know about you, but I have comfort movies and shows I like to watch when I'm under the weather. If this is something you do I want to hear about it. What's your list look like??





My husband's list looks like this -

Avatar
The Thirteenth Warrior
Man on Fire
Wolverine
First Blood
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

My list looks like this -

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Dead Alive
28 Days Later
Zombieland
Supernatural Seasons 1-4

Yeah, hubs and I are a bit different on our choices. Unfortunately, he doesn't share my zombie love. I could tell you he's a closet Supernatural freak--even quotes the show on a regular basis--but he might tan my hide if I let that cat out of the bag.

In my fever filled fog, I decided to watch some of my old zombie favorites and try out a few new ones. I hate to say this, but the UK has turned out the best zombie entertainment installment that I've seen in a long while. Dead Set is spot on. It was not easy to get a hold of either. For starters, they don't make the dvd in a format that plays in the US (region 1). So, we purchased it from Amazon as a region 2 dvd and also had to splurge on a region free dvd player. Luckily Amazon had one for pretty cheap. Now, you might be thinking this is a lot to go through for a zombie flick, but for a fanatic like me it was well worth it. I'm adding it to my list! It's fresh, or rotted rather, and I loved it. The Big Brother spin was unique, done without cheese and without a cast of young Hollywood actors (thank you). It makes me excited for The Walking Dead series that AMC is putting out this year.

Here's a little peak at Dead Set.



And The Walking Dead









I'm in love too, with these new heels. And with a name like Glamour Guts, how can I resist? I developed a weakness for Iron Fist shoes after I purchased my zombie stomper flip flops this spring. And hell, they weren't that cheap. Maybe I should have waited *grins*. If you come across any awesome zombie stuff, send me links!




In other news, I signed my very first Ellora's Cave contract last week for Wrapped Around Your Finger. I'm really excited to get to work on edits. When I have a release date, I'll be sure to let you all know. Now it's time to get back to the grind. I've had enough sick time off and I really need to dive back into this next book, which now has a title - Consensual Risk. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment